Lux Salon Hair Extensions
Providing Everything You Need
At Lux Salon Runaway Bay, we want to make sure that we provide the highest quality hair extensions for our clients, We like to make sure that we are offering only the highest quality. Ask our stylist today on how you can get beautiful long locks.
How do I care for my extensions ?
- Do not use low quality shampoo and conditioner that contain any protein or sulphate, or have a high alcohol content
- Our stylists will recommend a hair care range to warrant your extensions.
- Concentrate doing the shampoo on own scalp rather than on extensions. and then Concentrate the conditioner on extensions.
- Extensions require maintenance every 6-8 weeks to keep the natural hair safe, damage free and manageable.
- Dry hair gently with a hairdryer on low-medium heat
- Always tie your hair up when sleeping, or a loose plait is best to stop the extensions from tangling and knotting
- Applying regular treatments is a necessary part of maintaining hair extensions, as the hair is not alive they can loose their moisture very quickly and become damaged easily.
- Apply a salon quality Argan Oil daily.
- Do not bleach your hair extensions, Semi permanent colour to go darker or similar shade only.
- Do not sleep with wet hair.
- Brush the extensions hair daily with recommended hair extension brush.
It is normal to lose a 1-5 extensions between maintenances, these can be re-applied.
- Apply a Heat and Protect spray prior to using heat styling tools. - --- Rinse hair after swimming in chlorine or salt water.
- Avoid washing hair for 48-72 hours following tape and skin weft hair extension application.
- Following the application wear the extensions in a low pony tail and low styles only for the rest week, to avoid pulling the extensions.
- When swimming, wear hair in a loose plait, never a bun or top knot, as this can knot and damage the hair
Lux Salon Runaway Bay's Hair is Double drawn, meaning it is thick and 80-90% of the hairs are consistent in length all the way to the bottom. This gives you a thick lush, full head of hair without having to add an excessive number of extensions.
How often do I need to have my hair extensions moved up?
For safe, damage free extension wear it is recommended you have your tape extensions removed and refitted every 4-6 weeks.
What Lengths are available in the weft & Tape extensions?
We have 14" to 30" lengths available
Is Lux Salon Runaway Bay's extensions remy?
Yes! We guarantee that our hair is 100% Human premium Remy. Remy means that the hair is collected with all strands running in the same direction (cut from a ponytail), this ensures that the hair cuticle layer is facing the same direction from root to tip. This greatly reduces tangling and means that it is kept looking and feeling natural.
How Many extensions do I need for a full head?
We suggest applying 100g for Full Head application of our hair, however for very thick or shorter, blunt hairstyles we recommend applying 150g for a natural, seamless blend.
How Long will my extensions last?
We want your extensions to last you a long time and continue to feel fabulous, this is why we only recommend the use of our specially formulated hair care products. By following the correct care and maintenance our our Russian hair between 10-12 months.